2 cups all-purpose flour (also known as Maida in Urdu)
2 tablespoons instant yeast
2 tablespoons sugar (finely granulated)
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup cooking chocolate (preferably dark)
1/2-1 cup warm milk + a little extra for melting the chocolate
toppings (chocolate sprinkles, hundreds and thousands sprinkles, dessicated coconut, chocolate chips, icing sugar, chopped almonds, bunties, etc.)
1. Mix flour, yeast, sugar, oil, egg along with warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for a few hours.
3. Melt the chocolate in either a double boiler OR put a saucepan on heat, fill it with water, put a heatproof plastic/steel/glass dish in it and put chopped cooking chocolate in it, and cover the pan.
4. When chocolate is semi-melted add a little milk to it. Stir. Cover the pan and lower flame.
5. When dough has risen, sprinkle flour on a clean surface and take out dough.
6. Flatten and smooth the dough with hands. Take out a small portion and roll it out till it is half-an-inch thick.
7. Cut into doughnut shape, with either a doughnut cutter or a big and small cookie cutter, or the rim of a glass and bottle cap.
8. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the doughnuts one by one until almond brown OR leave the doughnuts for 10 mins and then bake them.
9. Keep fried doughnuts on a tissue paper so oil can be soaked up.
10. Insert a Popsicle stick or any other stick in the hole in the center of the doughnut and lift up the doughnut.
11. Place it in the melted chocolate to coat it. When one side is fully coated with chocolate, decorate with toppings.
12. Serve and enjoy 😀